because I don't support Obama.
It is a historic day. I'm not shallow enough to dismiss the fact that having a black man as our President is a great accomplishment. However, I can't overlook the fact that he stands for evil things that I can never support. I don't support him, and I wish he was not our President. It's completely in God's hands now, and I willingly give it to Him because there's really nothing I can do about it.
What am I trying to say then? I'm saying that the color of his skin had nothing to do with the way I voted. I didn't choose to stand against him because he's black. I simply did not, and do not, agree with him.
Now, I would like to ask what is more racist- choosing not to support a black man because I disagree with him on nearly everything, or supporting him just because he's black? I will never support someone just because of their skin color. That's demeaning and racist. We, as a nation, have turned this election into a celebration of race. We have divided ourselves by focusing on the color of someone's skin. Isn't that exactly what we're supposed to be trying not to do? What matters is what a person stands for and how he will lead- it doesn't matter if he's black, white, brown, orange, or purple.
I'm praying that our new President will surprise me. Either way, God is in control.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
yes it's a good thing God is in control! (I don't think I could handle the stress if he wasn't) I really like the new look of the blog btw.
I agree completely. Sorry I couldn't have come on the bike ride when the rest of the family saw you. I was really disappointed about that but what can I say? I WAS sick after all. Maybe next time we see you I'll be well enough to come along? :)
Nicole
Great thoughts Randi. I found a lot of encouragement this week from Isaiah 40. God has been in control all along, we may have a new president, but we still have the same God.
Post a Comment