Friday, January 2, 2009

The Exodus Mandate



http://www.exodusmandate.org/

"The first place we need to march is right out the front doors of those Christ dishonoring, academically inferior, soul killing, government indoctrination centers." -Voddie Baucham

Luke 6:40 "A pupil is not above his teacher; but everyone, after he has been fully trained, will be like his teacher."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do not think it is time yet for all Christians to retreat from the mission field of the public school system. Don't get me wrong, I am not against private education or homeschooling. My wife and I have this discussion often as we think about schooling our own children. She has grown up in christian education and now teaches in a private christian school; however I went to a private college but a public school all growing up. In fact, if it were not for Christian acquaintances at the time who did not give up on me I may not have been a christian today.
God calls us not to be of the world but we are in the world, and need to be in it. Jesus himself teaches us not to hide our lights in our homes or churches but to put it on the lamp post at the top of a hill for all to see. We are told to go into all of the world teaching, not wait for them to come to us and ask to be taught because they see that we are different.
What we truly need is more parent involvement in the school systems. More Christians standing out of the crowds and speaking up for Christ, Christian morals, and the Christian majority. We need to teach our children right from wrong, not hide them from it. Help our children walk through this mission field of land mines leading a group of lost comrades to Christ.

Miranda Rat said...

Thank you for the comment, Eddie. I appreciate it. But I disagree. I do think that the public schools are mission fields. But think about this... Children are to be trained to be arrows, sent out into the world to teach others of Christ. When does this training happen? The Bible tells us that it's to happen all day, every day (as we lie down, rise up, and walk along the way). The Bible also teaches that the student will grow up to be like his teacher. That's a scary thought if your children are being taught by humanist, atheistic, worldly people all day. I believe that while we should reach out to the public schools, it is not our children's job...yet. They are still in training. You don't send people who are in training out to fight the battle. You send fully equipped soldiers. If you send those still in training, they'll be trained for sure, but perhaps not in the way you thought. As things are now, Christian children are not doing the converting- the public school system is. I believe that's one of the main reasons the Church is losing so many kids to the world.

Also, I would like to point out that the public school institution is not the world. It's a box that holds children inside for six hours a day, five days a week. There they are trained by atheistic curriculum and their peers. By removing our children from the system, they are free to REALLY be in the world, shining their lights, but still under the watchful protection of their parents- those who God ordained to disciple them. Where is the world? All around us. Our neighborhoods, workplaces (which is why I believe we DO need Christian teachers in the public schools), the grocery store...everywhere. Home education gives children the opportunity to be in these places much more often than their public school friends, while using the home as the core training ground.

Jones said...

Great Stuff Randi. Too True. I agree totally.
Rachelle