Thursday, February 4, 2010

A Choice


"I had a great career and a child just didn't fit into the picture, so I chose abortion."
"I was too young to be a mother, so I had my child taken out of my womb. Look at me now!"
"My fetus was going to have Down's Syndrome, so the only kind choice was abortion."

Have you ever seen a Super Bowl ad with a woman proclaiming her choice to abort? I haven't. In fact, I've never seen any kind of public proclamation like the ones above. Maybe THAT'S why the pro "choice", pro woman people are in an uproar about Mr. Tim Tebow's upcoming Super Bowl ad. Mrs. Tebow can stand next to her son, peace in her heart and a smile on her face, and let the world know that she made a choice. A good one. It would take a lot of looking to find a woman willing to appear on TV on Super Bowl Sunday and show the beauty of her choice to abort. Because her choice would not be beautiful. Even harder would be finding a woman who could stand with her champion child next to her, thanking her for her choice to abort. Because her child would be dead.

So as I saw the uproar begin, I wondered why people who preach about the right to choose would try to silence this woman. She had the freedom to make a CHOICE. Isn't that exactly their goal? Maybe not. I think the pro choice folks are quickly showing the rest of us what they truly are- pro death.

As far as the pro woman people- I'm beginning to highly doubt that they care much about women at all. Here they are doing everything in their power to make sure respectable, lovely, fully dressed Mrs. Tebow cannot tell people of the intelligent choice she made. My question: Have you people SEEN a Super Bowl ad lately? Naked women hang all over men trying to sell beer. Lingerie models saunter down the runway, letting us all know that they really have no secrets. I would think that feminists and pro woman individuals would see the Tebows' ad as a great improvement. Here is an intelligent woman with character. She has a story to tell because she had the freedom to choose, and her choice resulted in Tim Tebow. Yes, quite an improvement over "you need to be seductive, naked, surrounded by drunk men, with a beer in hand to be attractive and worthy." It's interesting to me that feminists would prefer the current Super Bowl ads, considering that the women on those ads are behaving in a manner that would cause them to have to make that choice in the first place.

On the other hand, Mr. Tim Tebow is a young man who has publicly stated that he is a virgin. Instead of trying to shut him up, maybe those who care about women should be thanking him. After all, his choice of abstinence has prevented him from having anything to do with a young woman making that life or death choice. Maybe we need more men like him, with influence, who are willing to make a stand against promiscuity- which demeans men and women alike. So if you really care about women, stop attacking him and start thanking him. We need celebrities who let young women know "You're worth waiting for, and so am I." I can't think of anything that shows more respect to women.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Well said. I had a longer comment, but it just might result in a blog post of my own. Thanks for the wisdom, Randi!